Under the direction of the Auxiliary Services Manager, oversees the operation of the Student Store, coordinates School-related events, and assists in developing and implementing marketing strategies with regard to Athletic apparel/products and other School-wide activities.
Essential Job Functions
Student Store Operations
• Plan, implement, supervise, update, coordinate, monitor and evaluate all bookstore operations, including operating policies and procedures. Develop and modify services and operating systems as defined by institutional needs.• Strategize, train, schedule and monitor volunteer program for staffing needs. • Coordinate with the Auxiliary Services Manager regarding sales and budgetary targets, including establishing appropriate margins and cost efficiencies. • Perform a variety of bookkeeping/accounting tasks, including: o Reconciliation of daily receipts and point-of-sale reportso Track promotions and discountso Monitor and balance student accountso Maintain purchase order requests, reconciliations and paymentso Prepare monthly and other reports as needed• Manage merchandise selection, product development, pricing, promotions, placement, marketing strategies, branding and ordering, including inventory reconciliation and reporting.• Manage point-of-sale operations, processing returns and general customer service.• Assist with difficult or unusual tasks, deal with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis.
• Design, production and execution of events from conception to delivery.• Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet or exceed expectations.• Serve as liaison with vendors and School community on event-related matters.• Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities. • Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.• Ensure events support the overall marketing and branding strategies of the School.
• Coordinate with the Athletics Department and other departments on strengthening the School’s branding efforts and sales volume as it relates to apparel, “spirit wear” and other product offerings.
• Maintain school-wide office supplies:o Maintain location stocks and determine inventory levels by anticipating requirements.o Place/negotiate purchase orders, reconcile, and approve payments.o Provide inventory reports as needed.
• Process and maintain student transportation records.• Monitor route and time schedules.• Review and collaborate with vendor regarding compliance programs and annual inspections.• Communicate with staff, parents and students regarding bus program.
• Member of support staff team.• Performs other related duties as requested and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.• Strong attention to detail.• Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word and Excel).• Strong quantitative skills.• Excellent customer service and communication skills.• Experience in retail and special events strongly preferred.• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.