Job Title: Auxiliary Services Coordinator
Department: Auxiliary Services
Reports to: Auxiliary Services Manager
FLSA status: Non Exempt
Revised: October 2016
Under the direction of the Auxiliary Services Manager, oversees the operation of the Student Store, coordinates School-related events, and assists in developing and implementing marketing strategies with regard to Athletic apparel/products and other School-wide activities.
Essential Job Functions
Student Store Operations
- Plan, implement, supervise, update, coordinate, monitor and evaluate all bookstore operations, including operating policies and procedures. Develop and modify services and operating systems as defined by institutional needs.
- Strategize, train, schedule and monitor volunteer program for staffing needs.
- Coordinate with the Auxiliary Services Manager regarding sales and budgetary targets, including establishing appropriate margins and cost efficiencies.
- Perform a variety of bookkeeping/accounting tasks, including:
- Reconciliation of daily receipts and point-of-sale reports
- Track promotions and discounts
- Monitor and balance student accounts
- Maintain purchase order requests, reconciliations and payments
- Prepare monthly and other reports as needed
- Manage merchandise selection, product development, pricing, promotions, placement, marketing strategies, branding and ordering, including inventory reconciliation and reporting.
- Manage point-of-sale operations, processing returns and general customer service.
- Assist with difficult or unusual tasks, deal with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis.
- Design, production and execution of events from conception to delivery.
- Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet or exceed expectations.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Ensure events support the overall marketing and branding strategies of the School.
- Coordinate with the Athletics Department on strengthening the School’s branding efforts and sales volume as it relates to athletic apparel, “spirit wear” and other product offerings.
- Maintain school-wide office supplies:
- Maintain location stocks and determine inventory levels by anticipating requirements.
- Place/negotiate purchase orders, reconcile, and approve payments.
- Provide inventory reports as needed.
- Process and maintain student transportation records.
- Monitor route and time schedules.
- Review and collaborate with vendor regarding compliance programs and annual inspections.
- Communicate with staff, parents and students regarding bus program.
- Member of auxiliary staff team.
- Performs other related duties as requested and assigned.