The position of Executive Director, Student Transportation & Fleet Services reports directly to the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer. This high-profile position will have significant exposure to administrative and academic leadership across the District. The primary responsibility of the position is to lead the effective management and continuous improvement of student transportation operations and services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:Leadership of large fleet services and maintenance management programs
Developing and implementing best practices by managing daily operations
Ensuring appropriate resources are available to deliver safe, reliable, effective and efficient services
Developing budgets, managing complex logistics such as transit operations, freight operations, bus and/or fleet networks
Implementing and ensuring compliance with Federal, State law, State Board of Education regulations; NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration and OTETA - Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business or public administration, engineering, transportation management or other related field.
• A minimum of seven (7) years, within the last ten (10) years, of more progressive experience developing processes, policies and programs for a school district or other large organization, including at least five (5) years in a management capacity.
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: developing budgets and managing complex logistics, transit operations, freight operations, bus and/or fleet networks.
• Prior experience in school transportation.
• Prior experience with automated bus routing/scheduling or maintenance management systems.
• Prior experience in developing creative services and cost-effective solutions and developing a culture of responsive and responsible teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer skills as required for the position.