The position plans, coordinates, and oversees functions pertaining to the operation of the schoolâ™s student bus service program with a primary goal of delivering safe, efficient, and economical student transportation. Coordinates the student bus service for the school year as well as the summer program for morning arrivals and afternoon departures servicing over 300 students in diverse areas throughout the city. Establishes and maintains routes with outside vendor; communicates with families, bus vendor employees, and school employees regarding bus-related issues; oversees daily bus attendance and student transitions; maintains webpage and communicates updates timely and appropriately using established protocols; manages resources and schedules; and prepares billing information.Â
1) Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with students, parents, guardians, contracted vendors, and employees.
2) Establishes and monitors safe and efficient transportation routes.
3) Organizes the logistics of buses, routes, schedules, riders, and staff efficiently and effectively while maintaining the schoolâ™s safety standards for students and employees.
4) Oversees and coordinates the supervision of the transition time between classroom and the bus departure.
5) Communicates bus policies and procedures with families and employees via email, webpage, and other established sources.
6) Establishes and maintains strong, positive relationships with outside bus service platform vendors; provides and maintains student and school data and audits platform services.
7) Provides accurate, timely communication to families regarding bus service including support for registration process, service platforms, and change notifications.
8) Instructs vendor drivers and monitors on the schoolâ™s bus safety procedures.
9) Collects and shares accurate incident reports with school administrators in a timely manner.
10) Coordinates contract management with external bus company.
11) Creates positive relationships with school administrators as it pertains to transportation usage.
12) Adheres to all student bus service policies and procedures.
13) Prepares accurate billing information for student riders.
14) Shares attendance information with appropriate faculty and staff following established protocols.
15) Coordinates student bus attendance procedures.
16) Liaises with the schoolâ™s administration and extended day administration to ensure proper care and coordination of student rider schedules for multiple schools and dismissals.
17) As a part of the Finance and Operations team, provides backup support and assistance for other team coordinators as needed in other capacities including event support, team communications, and program delivery.Â Â
1) Plan, organize, and direct school bus transportation services efficiently and effectively.
2) Effective verbal and written communication skills.
3) Work independently and efficiently.
4) Deal competently with a number of tasks at one time.
5) Coordinate with administrators and employees across multiple divisions.Â
6) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
7) Detail oriented with strong organizational, planning, and scheduling abilities.
8) Understand and support institutional needs, goals, and culture.
9) Must have a positive and professional demeanor; support a positive culture within the schools and with families.
10) Recognize, independently resolve, or refer matters, as appropriate.
11) Prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
12) Identify problems and proactively find solutions.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
1) At least 2 years of experience working in school operations or 2 years working in a coordinator capacity monitoring transportation services.
2) 1-3 years previous experience in logistics and operations.
3) Previous customer service experience.
Required Documents1) Resume
2) Cover letter
3) Professional References Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.